Overview of our highly effective RECOVERY program for those who have Spinal Cord Injuries and Brain injuries.
We tailor our clients’ 3 hour sessions to their individual needs, whether they are newly discharged from an in-patient program, coming to us from another outpatient program or if they felt they could no longer progress in their recovery and haven’t been actively involved in a recovery program. our staff consists of 4 Physical therapists, Physical therapy assistants, athletic trainers and highly trained and skilled exercise science trainers, along with our Medical Director, Dr. Steven hinderer.
We have developed a very popular Peer Group that meets once a month at our building location and open this group to anyone in the community who has a SCI or BI, whether or not they are part of our program. lunch is always provided along with a separate space for caregivers or family members.
We also offer the following services to our case Managers:
- Prescription Requests – our prescriptions are valid for 3 – 6 months. we request a new rX 30 days prior to expiration for program continuation. once we receive the signed rX from the Doctor, we will send you a copy via fax.
- Progress Notes – your clients’ monthly Progress note will be sent to you via fax once it is completed by their Physical therapist.
- Orthotics – should your client need orthotics, we will contact you.
- DME Appointments – we’re happy to accommodate DMe appointments for clients during our lunch hour from 12 noon to 1pm. we do not allow DMe appointments to be scheduled at our facility during a client’s session time.
- Team Meetings – we are available for scheduled team meetings with you, your client, our Physical therapist, and others involved in your clients’ recovery. we have conference rooms to hold these private meetings at walk the line.
- Attendance Tracking – we track attendance and require 60% participation for 3+ sessions/week and 80% for 2 sessions/week. if a client falls below this, we try to work with them to find a resolution. if the attendance issues continue, they will be placed on a 30 day hold and ultimately discharged if the issues cannot be resolved.
- Attendance/Cancellation Notification – we will be happy to fax or email you if your client cancels a session, please let us know if this is a service you would like.
- Peer Group Meetings – walk the line holds monthly Peer Group Meetings – usually held the 1st Thursday of each month. information for these meetings can be provided for you and your client. you may subscribe to our email newsletters and Meeting Updates by contacting us directly.
I would like to extend an invitation for you to come in and tour our facility. If you have a client who you feel may benefit from our program, we offer a complimentary trial visit for a full 3-hour session. You are welcome to stop in at any time during business hours or contact us to setup a tour for you and your client.
If you have questions or if there is anything more we can do, please do not hesitate to contact us.