Innovation, Creativity and Energy
Walk The Line’s “roots” are in creating an environment that is energetic, creative and innovative! Our goal is to be a catalyst for change both for those that we serve whom entrust us with their recovery and within the traditional rehabilitation model that focuses on compensation over recovery. To achieve that goal, we must think, feel and visualize RECOVERY.
The dedication of our floor team can be felt in their eagerness to try new things, their willingness to work together to create solutions and their unwavering commitment to seeing our clients succeed.
With over ten years behind us we are proud of what our clients have achieved, hopeful for the future of recovery therapy as an accepted and integrated practice and, now more than ever, unwilling to accept defeat.
Walk The Line is an activity based physical therapy program with a well-defined treatment protocol designed to facilitate recovery of function following neurological injury. We utilize innovation and creativity in applying the Principles of Neuroplasticity with recovery programs designed to promote plasticity and re-establish functional mobility, using tools such as the Surface EMG and Virtual Reality via motion sensored gaming. At Walk The Line we are committed to creating innovative and effective physical therapy programs that are customized to each client’s needs and goals for recovery. We understand that each individual’s view of recovery is unique and that an individual’s goals for recovery can and should change over time. Our recovery center encompasses WTL Red and WTL Blue as programs that can be separate or coordinated for clients allowing them to benefit from the environment and feedback appropriate for their needs and goals.
Both programs emphasize on:
- Goal-Centered Recovery: Sessions are directed by personalized goal setting.
- Applying the principles of neuroplasticity: Designed to promote plasticity and reestablish functional mobility through activity based exercises that focus on postural alignment, static and dynamic balance, coordinated movement patterns, assisted gait training with natural (body-weight) loading, muscle tone re-education.
- Using Wireless Surface Electromyography (s-EMG): Utilized during the sessions to provide clients with real time feedback to assist in sensory-motor re-training.
- Virtual Reality via motion-sensored gaming: Video-gaming guided visual feedback to assist in improving functional movements in a fun innovative manner.
- Safety: Majority of sessions utilize two trained recovery staff members working under the supervision of a Physical Therapist.
- Duration: 1 ½ hour or 3 hours. This is determined by our staff during a one on one interaction with the client while taking into consideration their goals.
- Intensity appropriate: Is determined based on the physical and mental tolerance to exercise to appropriately challenge each client.
Performance-Based Program WTL RED
WTL Red is a performance based program that utilizes Knowledge of Performance to provide information about the characteristics of movement by breaking down the specific components when required.
Part to whole training approach focused on improving individual tasks involved in multi-joint coordinated patterns.
Interactive social environment with an open gym setting.
Results-Based Program WTL BLUE
WTL Blue is a results based program that utilizes Knowledge of Results to provide information on how to further improve a certain functional/ goal directed movement based on the outcome.
Whole task training approach focused on utilizing functional and relatable activities specific to client.
Controlled ambient environment and availability of private treatment rooms.